Quitting smoking is the single most important thing you can do for your health. That’s a fact. There is plenty of incentive to stop smoking, but it isn’t necessarily the easiest thing to do. The good news is that there is help. Acupuncture to quit smoking has helped a countless number of our own patients overcome their addiction and stay smoke free. Acupuncture is a highly effective, pain free method of reducing your cravings for nicotine, increasing your will power to stay away from cigarettes, and easing the tension and anxiety that accompanies quitting.
Acupuncture to quit smoking can work if you are ready to quit and willing to commit to the process. We’ve helped many people successfully quit smoking and we can definitely help you too. Our treatment program consists of 3 sessions spanning just one week. Imagine, in just one week you will be smoke free and moving on to a healthier new you!
In addition to acupuncture, we may also prescribe chinese herbs to help reduce your cravings and eliminate toxins in between sessions. If you want the effects of your treatment to last it is a good idea to follow our herbal recommendations. Within just 3 sessions, a significant number of our patients report feeling less drawn to having a cigarette. The herbs we prescribe are highly effective, safe, yet affordable, and at only $15.00 per bottle, these powerful herbs will last you well beyond the first crucial week of withdrawal.
The cost of the entire program to stop smoking is also very affordable. Here is the question you should be asking yourself… Is it worth it to quit? Well at $7.00 a pack, financially, YES, it is worth it. And for your health, ABSOLUTELY it is worth it! So why not get smoke free today? Call us at 954-586-CARE (2273) for a free consultation. We will explain in detail how our Laser Acupuncture Smoking Cessation program works and how we can get you on the road to better health. The path to a healthier new you starts today!
STOP SMOKING WITH ACUPUNCTURE
How Does it Work? Using Acupuncture to quit smoking is a very powerful cessation method that is worth considering if you are ready to quit. Acupuncture is virtually painless and highly effective. It stimulates powerful acupuncture points on your body and ear that reduce cravings for nicotine. Appetite suppression and withdrawal points are ALSO included in the stop smoking treatment.
Our protocol consists of 3 treatments over the period of one week. Usually Monday – Wednesday – Friday or Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday.
In the first session, the focus is to reduce your cravings for nicotine. Acupuncture is an effective tool to enable one to quit smoking by minimizing cravings and strengthening will power. The Acupuncture intercepts messages sent by the brain to the body that demand more nicotine, thereby disrupting the addictive process.
The second session is to ease the mind and reduce the anxiety involved in a withdrawal. Some of the largest stumbling blocks to becoming smoke free are the stress, anxiety, and depression associated with quitting. Fortunately, the acupuncture is quite successful at calming the nervous system and relaxing the mind, reducing anxiety, and alleviating depressive feelings.
The third session begins the detox process. Acupuncture to quit smoking also helps cleanse your body of toxins which is important to people who smoke. Cigarettes contain dozens of harmful chemicals that you inhale into your system each time you light up a cigarette. The acupuncture can get rid your body of the built-up chemicals from your previous smoking habit. Getting these substances out of your body can be very helpful in quitting the habit and avoiding relapse.
After the initial 3 treatments, the focus becomes maintenance and overall wellness. We recommend monthly treatments to maximize your health, provide support and keep your body in harmonious balance. There are a lot of triggers that can cause relapse and relapse can often times be part of the process. Cigarettes can act as a shield to insulate uncomfortable feelings and situations. A new nonsmoker can feel vulnerable and confused when trying to handle a stressful situation.
So what are you waiting for? Stop smoking with acupuncture is the easiest and most effective method to break the habit. Take control of your health today. Call us for the free consultation – 954-586-2273 – it will be the best decision you could make regarding your health and well being. We proudly serve the cities of Margate, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Pompano Beach, Parkland and Boca Raton Florida.
NATURAL WAYS TO QUIT SMOKING
Some tips that will help with your treatment:
1. Have a Support Person – The decision to stop smoking can elicit uncomfortable emotions. Ask someone who is available to you in the next few weeks to act as a sounding board and provide encouragement when needed.
2. Affirmation – An affirmation is a positive statement repeated often to create desired changes in your life. Repeating the affirmation helps not only to remind you why you are no longer smoking but imprints a new image of health so that the body can then produce health. Examples: “I am a non-smoker. I make healthy choices in my life.”
3. Setting Boundaries – Set up contracts with other smokers to refrain from smoking in your presence. This includes spouses. When possible stay away from smokers until you feel more confident with your nonsmoking health status.
4. Drink water – Research shows that dryness causes cravings. Sip water frequently throughout the day.
5. Refrain or reduce your caffeine and coffee intake – Research shows that coffee causes cravings and dehydrates the body. If you are going to drink coffee, make sure you drink enough water throughout the day as well.
6. Food choices – Eat a lot of carrots, celery and other vegetables throughout the next few days. Candies upset blood sugar level, which can aggravate smoking-withdrawal symptoms. Sugar substitutes such as NutraSweet are sweeter than sugar and cause further sugar cravings.
7. Managing cravings – Cravings feel like they will last forever but actually fade in two minutes. Plan what you will do during a craving. Examples: Take your herbs if one has been prescribed for you; repeat your affirmation; breathe deeply; meditate or pray; walk to another place; sing a song; dance; call your support person.
Learn more about how acupuncture works at the Frequently Asked Questions About Acupuncture section, or call 954-586-2273 for a Free Consultation.